Friday, October 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We arrived home about 2:30 this afternoon. It is great for us all to be together, although, there are some advantages to a hospital bed. He is feeling much better after the blood transfusions. More energy and more pink color are very beneficial. I think he is looking forward to a full night's rest without interruptions of blood sugar testing, lab draws and vital signs! Why do the hospitals insist on drawing blood at 4:00am?

We haven't made much progression in the biliary drain process other than it is not bleeding at this time. Due to the size of the tumor in the liver, there is no guarantee it won't start bleeding again because of the vascularity of tumors in general. Our primary doctor said we can come for blood transfusions as long as we want to continue the process. I am thankful he is pro-life; other doctors are so quick to paint the end of life picture.

Thank you for all your prayers during this time. They are so encouraging at a very discouraging time!

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yes, our God is compassionate. The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, oh my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For you have rescued my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling. I shall walk before the Lord in the land of the living. Psalm 116:5-9

No comments: