Thursday, February 12, 2009

God's Mercies

I spent this first full day home from the hospital enjoying my family and my Lord. I spent a good portion of the day preparing to preach First Peter on Sunday, God willing. I am grateful for God's mercies and for His sustaining grace.

Thank you for your love and prayers for our family. We have definitely sensed the power of prayer throughout these trying times. My pathway of suffering reminds me of the theme verse of First Peter, found in the fifth chapter, the twelfth verse, "this is the true grace of God, stand fast in it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan and family,
My daughters and I were at the Mother/daughter tea you spoke at in 2006. You were 5 mo. along with your 9th child and you said he was the tie breaker. I was also expecting our 9th, and in June of '07 our 5th boy broke the tie in our family.

You and Bryan were married 3 weeks before Glen and I, so although I don't really know you, the things we share in common make me feel as if I do.

We are praying for you daily. My heart thinks of you so often each day.

Only by God's grace,
Carol Barnett

Colleen said...

Susan,

I met you this summer (we're the missionaries to the Magdalen Islands). I want you to know that you're in my prayers, as is Bryan and the rest of your family.

Colleen
Isaiah 26:3
www.summercircuitrider.wordpress.com