Friday, February 20, 2009

Esther

Hello! My name is Esther and I am 11 years old. This is a picture of me re-enacting at Fort Nisqually.

When I was 4, my daddy was diagnosed with colon cancer. I had no understanding at all except that I was going to see Grandma more often!

In February 2007, we were celebrating five years of Daddy being "cancer free!" In May, the day after Jonathan's birthday, Daddy was very sick. Mom and Dad went to the doctor and when they got home we all sat down and talked things over. Dad and Mom were saying Daddy had cancer again and would be going to the hospital in the afternoon. I was 9 then and had a better understanding, but I still had a lot of questions I wanted to ask! When Dad was in the hospital, it wasn't very hard for me because we were usually at a friend's house or watching a movie and fun things like that. After Dad got out of the hospital we got our life back in order.

Now that Dad has cancer again, I understand better of what's going on. This third time of cancer I think has been the hardest for me, but I know that God is in control and that NOTHING what-so-ever surprises Him! I love Daddy very, very, much! Please keep him in your prayers! Thanks so much for all your love and especially all your prayers!

2 comments:

Dina said...

Hi Esther! So if my math is correct, you must be about 11! I have a 13 y.o. and a 15 y.o. You look a little like my niece Aleah! I loved your post! I have been wondering what this experience has been like for you kids, and your post was so well written, I would think it was written by someone much older! But who cares about how well you convey your thoughts, it seems a trivial thing to comment on given the circumstances, (although it is important to be able to do so, as you are an ambassador of Christ and you need to be able to state your position in a compelling and understandable way...) but more importantly, thank you for giving your perspective, and my family and I are certainly praying for all of you, here in Denver, Colorado. Did someone just post here recently Isaiah 54:10? I thought it was great...in one version I found on biblos.com, it is stated this way: "Though the mountains move and the hills shake, My love will not be removed from you and My covenant of peace will not be shaken," says your compassionate LORD." [of course the KJV is best, but I did like the wording here.] Anyway, thanks, Esther, for your post, God bless you and your family, may the Lord bless all you kids and your parents with His supernatural peace during this difficult time. Sincerely, Dina Allen

Dina said...

Hi Sweetheart! After I wrote my reply, I printed off your update and read it to my kids, and right away in the beginning, I saw that indeed, you DID state your age! Oops! I feel dumb! Sorry about that! Well, goodnight, I hope you all sleep well, and that Daddy was able to eat a good dinner (and keep it down.) Dina