Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Evening

I've had these uncontrollable hiccups for one week now, and we're trying a new medicine which is supposed to relax the diaphragm and keep it from spasming. Some spasms are so intense they take the breath away! The only escape I get is when sleep mercifully comes upon me and I'm able to snatch two or three hours from the night. As a result, I nap the day away and don't really wake up until 5:00 or 6:00PM. We're still hopeful the new drug will kick in and totally relax the diaphragm.

The blood work is not encouraging. Liver function is completely abnormal and there may be a blockage in the bile duct. I'm very jaundiced which means the liver is secreting bilirubin into the blood stream. My white counts are critically high, while my hematocrit is critically low at 25; no wonder I am so fatigued! It's difficult walking since my legs are so weak. In short, I'm a mess. We see Dr. Chen tomorrow. Hopefully, he'll have some answers. Please keep praying especially for Susan whose having to bear up with so much: care for the family, care for me. She is such a wonderful trooper!

3 comments:

Dina said...

Yes, Susan IS a "wonderful trooper!" And SO ARE YOU! Praying for wisdom for Dr. Chen tomorrow. May His will be done. God bless, Dina in Colo.

Nanci Smith said...

continuing to lift you and your family before the Throne every single day.

May you all feel His peaceful presence literally carrying you in this trial.

He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak. Isaiah 40:29

delboy said...

Bryan/Susan and family
I was speaking to my cousin Kenny Millar who gave me your blog address, I wanted to to say that your brothers and sisters in Ireland are praying for you all at this time

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

-Isaiah 40:31