Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chemo Day 7

Tuesday marked the completion of seven infusions. Dr. Chen was ready to begin the Avastin again, but Bryan chose to wait one more week in order to get relief from his cold, in case he has complications and would need to return to the hospital because of internal bleeding. This is a side effect of the Avastin and could possibly be what happened in early February. Dr. Chen has given Bryan several weeks to heal before trying the Avastin again and we chose one more week, which he was willing to grant us.

The cold lingers, please pray that it ends soon. Bryan had a one pound weight loss, after the two pound gain of the previous week. Please pray he will resume his weight gain. We also are awaiting insurance approval of his very successful nausea medication. It is very expensive, would you believe $100 per pill! Thankfully, he only takes two per week. The insurance will cover 50% if approved. Please pray the approval comes before next week.

On a side note, Bryan's mother fell last Thursday and suffered a hairline fracture of her hip. She is currently in rehabilitation. Please pray she will be able to walk on her own again.

1 comment:

Mrs. Theresa Frees said...

We always thank God, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 1:2-3

it is writen...

Be joyful always; PRAY CONTINUALLY; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17

We are praying!!! ~ always ~ For the whole family.
Thank you so much for the updates, that we better know how to be praying.

In Faith,
The Frees Family